Today, Ron Johnson announced that he has signed the Independent Women’s Voice Obamacare Repeal Pledge. Ron is committed to repealing this disastrous law to protect Wisconsinites from the damage it’s causing to patients, doctors, workers, and small businesses. In a sharp contrast, Senator Feingold has said people are only “pretending” about the harm Obamacare is inflicting, and thinks the law should have gone even further.
“Obamacare has been a disaster for Wisconsin families, doctors, and small businesses,” said Ron Johnson. “It needs to be repealed so we can undo the damage it’s doing to health care and our economy, and it needs to be replaced with patient-centered, market-based reforms that would actually restrain the cost and improve the quality of health care. I’m committed to repealing it – unlike Senator Feingold who still proudly supports it and says folks are only ‘pretending’ about the harm it’s doing to our state and nation.”
- Yesterday, Ron Johnson launched his latest statewide TV and digital ad, “Thanks for Nothing,” featuring Wisconsinites who have suffered because of Senator Feingold’s deciding vote for Obamacare.
- Just last year, Senator Feingold said Obamacare is “here to stay,” and that it was “by no means as bad as some people pretended it was.”
- Senator Feingold said that the problem of insurance companies leaving the Obamacare marketplace will “shake out over the next couple of years,” but it’s “ultimately going to be very positive…”
- Senator Feingold wrote that if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it. This was Politifact’s Lie of the Year.
- Senator Feingold has also said he was “deeply disappointed” the bill didn’t go farther.