Ron is committed to pushing real solutions to keep Wisconsin and America safe, as chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Here are five of them:
- Ron has led in calling for President Obama and Congress to pursue a comprehensive strategy to destroy ISIS.
- Ron supports having a strong intelligence-gathering capability to make sure law enforcement and our military have the tools they need to help prevent attacks – including those by homegrown and other lone wolf terrorists who act alone, like in Orlando and San Bernardino.
- To address foreign threats as opposed to homegrown terrorism, Ron helped pass a law through Congress to reform our visa waiver program, introduced the leading proposal to make sure Syrian refugees are fully vetted, and is working to secure the border.
- Ron’s committee has examined how ISIS uses social media to encourage terrorist activity all over the world.
- Ron not only voted against the Iran deal, he fought for it to be considered as a U.S. treaty, arguing that it was unwise to inject billions of dollars into the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism.