Ron is proud to support our veterans – the finest among us. He is working to ensure they get the care they deserve by holding the VA accountable, and is dedicated to helping veterans find future careers. He is honored to have so many veterans serving on his team due to their unquestionable dedication and talent.
Holding the VA Accountable
- As Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Ron has worked to hold the VA accountable and prevent more tragedies like we’ve seen at Tomah.
- Ron has worked on eight pieces of legislation to reform the VA including the “Chris Kirkpatrick Whistleblower Protection Act” and the “VA Choice Act.”
Helping Veterans in Future Careers
- Ron knows veterans bring a valuable skillset to the workplace. In fact, Ron has nine veterans on his Senate staff in Washington, D.C. and Wisconsin. One of his staffers has been awarded the Purple Heart and has become an inspiration for local Wisconsin students.
- Ron has also helped pass other legislation to help veterans, like the “Border Jobs for Veterans Act,” which both helps secure the border and provide work to the finest among us.
Focusing on Veterans Issues
- Ron has nine veterans totaling 125 years of military service on his Senate staff in Wisconsin and Washington, D.C.
- Ron has worked on thousands of constituent cases related to veteran and military issues.
Ron is proud to stand with our veterans – they are the finest among us.