FACT SHEET: Ron Johnson Holds Government Accountable Over Obamacare
Ron Johnson has made holding the federal government accountable over Obamacare a key part of his efforts to repair the damage the president’s health care law has done and replace it with patient-centered, market-based reforms. Today’s news on the failure of Obamacare’s co-ops is just one of several examples of his record providing oversight as chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs:
- Investigating Failed Co-ops – Ron has helped investigate co-operatives created under Obamacare. This includes a report today by the committee’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, chaired by Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), examining the failure of the co-ops.
- Protecting Wisconsin Families – when the Supreme Court was considering whether to strike down Obamacare subsidies, Ron led in sounding the alarms and offered the leading plan to transition away from Obamacare and help Wisconsin families facing increasing costs.
- Exposing Subsidies for Illegal Immigrants – Ron’s committee revealed that as much as $750 million in Obamacare subsidies may be going to illegal immigrants.
- Demanding the Truth – Ron led in calling for the Obama administration to tell the truth about Obamacare, from its failures to let Americans keep their health care plans as promised, to the true costs the law places on consumers and taxpayers. This included pushing amendments to the federal budget to make the federal government recognizes the true cost of the law.
- Fighting Special Treatment – Ron has been a leading opponent of Obamacare’s special treatment of members of Congress and their staffs when it comes to health care benefits.